Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn,
which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But
sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground.
from: Small Gods
by: Terry Pratchett




There's nothing like a loved ones trial to smack ones self across the head and give one perspective.
My dear brother in law has a T-R-I-A-L.

I feel unfit and powerless to help.
Then I had an idea.
What better way to encourage  and show love  and support than to share with him loving words from people who love him!!?

I had an opportunity this last week to be with a lot of family in Salt Lake..so I conducted some interviews.
Here is what I heard  about our good brother...Spencer.

Kelly: "He's gentle, open and always willing to talk. He's grounded in the gospel and the salt of the earth."

Brent: "He's calm, and when he speaks its well thought out. Plus he's a BYU fan!! That cinches the deal!!

Lauren: He's funny.  He has very strong values. He knows what he's doing.

Clark: Spencer is an excellent listener, really! He's super charitable and disposed to help.

Jenna: He's kind and friendly, a strong priesthood holder who has raised  amazing kids!! Supportive, loving, genuine and interested in our lives. He makes me laugh!! I appreciate your hugs! All in all an amazing dad and uncle!

Bob: he's dedicated to his family. Dedicated to his work, and is a good example of a team player. He's a sincere and thoughtful brother in law.

Anna: He's very observant and kind. And he seems very tender hearted too.

Me: What I think I know about you: First--You've been gypped all your life...for you were born on Christmas Eve. Enough said. (you definitely should have half birthdays...officially!!
You hate the heat as much as I love it.
I know I would have loved having you as my bishop.
You have a laugh that lights up a room.
You love me...with all my crazy foibles attached.
You are the quintessential family man.
Grandparenting is your gift.
With all your tests and trials...you are the pearl to be cherished and have so much to share with the rest of us dust mites. Though you'll never preach.

Dearest Spencer, I cant imagine what it must be like to be you right now. The thoughts that must go through your head as you lie in bed before sleep.....
May knowing that we love you help in some small way I pray.

Hang tough my friend. I cant wait to hear what you've learned from yet another curve ball that has come your way.

Love you!!!

3 comments:

PC Ehlert Family News said...

Hey, you never asked for comments from the Ehlerts, so I guess we'll need to do our own. We LOVE Spencer and are grateful for his love and support back. He has a gleam in his eye, which is also a very observant eye. He's focused outward and ready to help anyone, anytime and anywhere. Our prayers are that you'll receive all of the help, good medical advice and the strength that you need.

Sharon said...

Amen!!

Jules said...

Oh my. I am BLOWN AWAY that I get to be a part of this family. Thank you.......